Things to Do in Saskatoon
Saskatoon has a wealth of activities and adventures to be had. With ample public transit reaching all areas of the city everyone can enjoy their day and keep fit or entertain themselves.
The list is long and we invite you to try everything at least once. life in Saskatoon is much more enjoyed when you take part in our local activities.
- Walk along our Mewwasin Valley trails that follow the Saskatchewan river throughout the city.
- Visit the Mewwasin Valley Interpretive Centre located along the Mewwasin Valley trails in downtown Saskatoon.
- Visit The Western Development Museum for some great displays of Saskatchewan History located on the south end of Prairieland Park.
- Take a walking tour of downtown Saskatoon guided by Saskatoon Heritage Society.
- Visit the historic Delta Bessborough locate o n Spadina Avenue overlooking the Saskatchewan River, Maybe you will see its historic ghost.
- Try the Perogies Drive through at Baba's Perogies located at 720 B 51st Street East.
- Visit Marquis Downs and take in the action with the ponies.
- Attend the Saskatoon Exhibition and try the Doukhobor Cultural Society bread baked on site. The Saskatoon Exhibition is held early August each year.
- Watch or participate in the Drag races at the Saskatchewan International Raceway.
- Watch NASCAR and Stock car racing at the Wyatt Group Raceway.
- Eat some great ribs at the Saskatoon Rib Fest held late July to early August each year.Take some napkins!
- Delight your ears with world class Jazz at the Saskatoon Jazz Festival at the end of June each year.
- Attend a Saskatoon Blades game and see some of the future NHL stars play.
- Attend a Western Major Baseball Game featuring the local Saskatoon Yellow Jackets.
- Put the blades on and ice skate at the Cameco Meewasin Skating Rink which overlooks the Saskatchewan River downtown. Rentals available.
- See some great local and International actors and street performers at the Fringe Festival in late July each year.
- Catch a live play at the Persephone Theater.
- Race an Indy type car replica at Velocity Raceway at Wilson Entertainment park.
- Sink a few on the putting green or improve your drive at Wilson's Driving Range and Putting Course.
- Practice your Gold swing all year indoors at the Ramada Golf Dome
- Pick some Saskatoon Berries or enjoy a great meal in season at the Berry Barn.
- On a hot Summer, day visit Bare Ass Beach just 20 km SW on Valley Road along the Saskatchewan River.
- Take a day trip the Prince Albert National Park area featuring many trails and activities including Grey Owl’s fabled backcountry cabin.
- Stroll through The Saskatoon Forestry Farm and Zoo and see the animals.
- Grab a blanket and some charcoal have a picnic in one of the many BBQ spots along the Saskatchewan river manages by the Meewasin Valley Authority
- The short drive to the Beaver Creek Conservation Area will be worth your time. Its many trails and inhabitants are always welcoming. Yes, live Beavers.
- Do you like running or walk? Join for a run or walk with a group of like-minded athletes. Run or walk along the river with Brainsport running club.
Its free and open to all.
- Get in some reps on the weights or a run on a cold winter day at the indoor track at the Saskatoon Field House. Day passes are available.
- Enjoy the flavor of a vibrant downtown area with its trendy restaurants, pubs and coffee shops in the rehabilitated Riversdale area
- Charter a canoe or take a riverside walking tour of the Mighty Saskatchewan River
- Not into Paddling would you enjoy a large vessel? Then Site back and enjoy the serenity of the river on a river tour aboard the Prairie Lilly. Scheduled cruises all summer.
- Do you enjoy fine art? Visit the Remai Art Gallery scheduled to open in 2017 but do stop by and see its unique architecture taking shape.
- Enjoy a stroll along the Saskatchewan River at Riverside landing featuring child play area, concessions and display art.
- If you enjoy local produce, art and food make sure to stop by the Saskatoon farmers market and taste and take in the local flair.
- If youngsters are part of your family try one of the numerous playgrounds in the city. Check out the 5 that Today's Parent Magazine recommends.
- If you are a member of the LGBTQ community Saskatoon has a very active and welcoming community and puts on an annual Pride week each year.